2016 Auto Expo: Piaggio India unveils the Aprilia SR 150 scooter
Piaggio India has just unveiled the Aprilia SR 150 in India. The sport themed automatic scooter will be manufactured at the Piaggio facility in Baramati and will be launched in India by August 2016.
The Aprilia SR 150 has been targeted towards the young rider looking at the convenience of an automatic scooter with the sensation of a sport motorcycle. The sport form factor is highlighted by the sharp lines, twin headlamp and the larger 14-inch black alloy wheels. Contrasting black/red and white/red shades also add to the sport theme. Large 220mm front disc brake and sticky tyres are more sport motorcycle like.
A sport themed scooter deserves a peppy motor. Aprilia have offered a 150cc motor which seems to have been borrowed from the Vespa 150. Expect the scooter to produce upwards of 12PS.
For more news on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here.
Starts Rs 83,860
- News2020 Toyota Innova Crysta facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.26 lakh
- News2021 BMW S 1000 R gets Euro V engine along with more tech and new styling
- NewsCOVID19: Maharashtra to screen travellers from NCR, Rajasthan, Goa and Gujarat
- NewsDucati updates XDiavel and Scrambler range for 2021
- News2020 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT BSVI priced at Rs. 8.84 lakh