2016 Auto Expo: Near production ready Tata Nexon SUV showcased
Tata Motors has displayed its upcoming launches at the 2016 Auto Expo. The most important vehicle in the lineup is the Tata Nexon SUV. The Tata Nexon seen in the brand's pavilion will not see many changes from the one that will go on sale says Pratap Bose, the head of design at Tata Motors.
The bulky looking SUV looks quite European with muscular haunches and strong character lines all around. The imposing stance with a higher ground clearance gives it the necessary SUV appeal. It is for the first time that the brand is entering into the compact SUV space, and thus will equip it with the best features and options
The Tata Nexon will come with a brand new family of 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines. Tata Motors also confirmed that these won't be the Revotron and Revotorq series that comes in the new age sedans and hatchbacks.
According to the upcoming model launch chronology, the launch of Tata Nexon is expected to happen by mid-2017. We believe that Tata Motors should launch the Nexon earlier to benefit from the booming compact SUV segment in India.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet