2015 Volkswagen Polo GT TSI and GT TDI coming to India in August 2014
The refreshed Volkswagen Polo line-up will be launched in India on July 15, 2014. However, this launch will not include the hotter GT versions of the car. In fact, the GT TSI and the GT TDI variants are already being slotted out of the market.
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="586"] The current Polo and the GT TDI have been discontinued[/caption]
The 2015 Polo will get new front and rear bumpers, headlights and taillights with revised detailing, new exterior colour options, tweaked interior design with a three spoke steering, climate control and a new audio system with Bluetooth telephony and steering mounted controls. All these updates will be incorporated in the GT variants as well.
The GT TDI will trade in the current 1.6-litre oil-burner for the new 1.5-litre TDI engine, which will debut next month on the updated Polo. However, the GT's mill will be tuned for better power and torque and will continue to be offered only with a manual transmission. The GT TSI will continue with its slick seven-speed DSG (dual-clutch automatic), mated to the familiar 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine.
Both, the Polo GT TDI and the Polo GT TSI will be launched in their updated form by August 2014 a month after the 2015 Volkswagen Polo goes on sale in India.
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application
- ReviewHonda H'ness CB350 vs Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 & Benelli Imperiale 400
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet