2015 Triumph Tiger 800 XRx and XCx launched in India at Rs 11.6 lakh and Rs 12.7 lakh respectively
Triumph after showcasing the new Tigers at the 2015 India Bike Week have launched them in India. The base Tiger XR starts at Rs 10.5 lakh, the Triumph Tiger 800 XCx is priced at Rs 12.7 lakh while the Tiger 800 XRx retails at Rs 11.6 lakh, ex-Delhi. These new additions sit alongside the Explorer and 800XC models in the Tiger range. Both the motorcycles come in via the CKD route. Bookings start from today. The Triumph Tiger 800 XCx is the hardcore off-roader version with spoke wheels, 43mm upside down forks at the front and WP monoshock at the rear, twin discs at the front and single at the rear, switchable ABS as well as adjustable rider seat height and handlebar position. The Triumph Tiger 800 XRx gets all the aforementioned features aside from less travel from the forks and alloys. Cruise control and four traction modes are common to both the motorcycles.
Triumph Tiger 800 XRx
An updated 800cc 3-cylinder engine makes 94PS while 79Nm of torque is also available at 7,850rpm. The Tigers use a 6-speed manual gearbox. Adding to its adventure tourer credentials is the 19-litre fuel tank. Triumph claims that the motorcycles are 17 per cent more fuel efficient than the older Tiger. We will be riding the new Triumph Tigers shortly. Stay tuned for our detailed review.
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar unveiled, engine details revealed
- Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 replacement to be called XUV700
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet