2015 Mini Cooper S 3-door launched in India at Rs 34.65 lakh
After launching the diesel powered 3-and 5-door Cooper models, Mini have opened sales of the Cooper S 3-door in India. The new Mini 3-door (that's the only available version as of now) comes in via the CBU route and is priced at Rs 34.65 lakh, ex-showroom, pan-India.
While it looks similar to the diesel Minis we drove before, there are significant changes under the hood. This includes an uprated four-cylinder twin power turbo 2.0-litre petrol engine which makes 192PS and 280Nm and a 6-speed automatic gearbox. Mini says that this engine was built from scratch for the Cooper S and does the 0-100kmph run in just 6.7s and hits a top speed of 233kmph.
Commenting on the launch, Philipp von Sahr, president BMW Group India said, "Minis have always have a knack for speed and agility and the new Mini Cooper S takes that passion even further. The powerful Mini TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine takes the classic Mini go-kart feeling to new heights as it revels in the mindblowing force of increased power and acceleration. The new Mini Cooper S is furiously fun and ready to dominate the Indian streets like never before."
Starts Rs 38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 44 Lakhs
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- Living with an electric car: Mumbai-Pune roadtrip in a Tata Nexon EV
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.30 lakh
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works