2015 Mini Cooper S 3-door launched in India at Rs 34.65 lakh
After launching the diesel powered 3-and 5-door Cooper models, Mini have opened sales of the Cooper in India. The new Mini (that's the only available version as of now) comes in via the CBU route and is priced at Rs 34.65 lakh, ex-showroom, pan-India.
While it looks similar to the diesel Minis we drove before, there are significant changes under the hood. This includes an uprated four-cylinder twin power turbo 2.0-litre petrol engine which makes 192PS and 280Nm and a 6-speed automatic gearbox. Mini says that this engine was built from scratch for the Cooper S and does the 0-100kmph run in just 6.7s and hits a top speed of 233kmph.
Commenting on the launch, Philipp von Sahr, president BMW Group India said, "Minis have always have a knack for speed and agility and the new Mini Cooper S takes that passion even further. The powerful Mini TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine takes the classic Mini go-kart feeling to new heights as it revels in the mindblowing force of increased power and acceleration. The new Mini Cooper S is furiously fun and ready to dominate the Indian streets like never before."
Starts Rs 33.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38.9 Lakhs
- Tranquility with the Hyundai Creta in Wayanad
- Intercity road travel time of "Oxygen Tankers" can be shortened, with help from the Indian motorsport fraternity
- Hyundai Alcazar vs Tata Safari vs MG Hector Plus: Engine specifications compared
- Skoda Kushaq India launch pushed to July 2021
- Mahindra eXUV300, eKUV100 electric vehicles to launch in 2022