2015 Geneva Motor Show: 2016 Hyundai Tucson unveiled
Hyundai has resurrected the Tucson nameplate (for our market) with a new SUV shown off at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show. The 2016 Hyundai is built on an all-new chassis and features the sharp and handsome styling we've come to expect from the Korean manufacturer. LED headlamps are connected by the dominant hexagonal grille while the front bumper houses LED DRLs.
The interior features luxurious soft touch materials across the cabin surfaces and Hyundai claims that plenty of testing has gone into creating a cabin that is not only luxurious but also ergonomic. Smart packaging is claimed to liberate enough space for five occupants while still leaving 513 litres of boot space with the rear seats in place. Features include heated and ventilated front seats and a smart powered tailgate that opens when you approach the rear with the key on your person.
The Tucson arrives internationally with a range of engines including two 1.6-litre petrol units (a 135PS GDI and a 176PS T-GDI) and three diesel options (115PS 1.7-litre, 136PS 2.0-litre standard power and a 184PS 2.0-litre high power). Gearbox options include the new seven-speed dual clutch transmission and also a six-speed manual.
While the Tucson goes on sale later this year in Europe, we expect it to arrive in India by early 2016.
For more stories from the Geneva Motor Show 2015, click here.
Starts Rs 22.3 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh