2015 Audi A6 facelift revealed with Matrix LED headlights
Audi has taken the wraps off the 2015 A6 before it's debut at the Paris Motor Show next month. As you would expect, there are new headlights to distinguish it from the current model and these are the same Matrix adaptive LED technology that debuted on the updated A8 L. There are also new tail lights and mildly revised bumpers, grille and side sills. The interiors get new trims and an updated version of the Multimedia Interface (MMI).
The bigger news comes from the new Euro 6 engines that the A6 will be shipped with. There is the familiar 1.8 TFSI ultra petrol engine from the recently launched A3, but it produces an extra 10PS for a total output of 190PS and claims to return a fuel economy of 17.5kmpl. It is likely to replace the current 2.0 TFSI from the A6 sold in India.
The favourite 2.0 TDI ultra diesel engine now puts out 150PS and claims a fuel economy of 23.8kmpl and it may replace the current 117PS version. The range topping 3.0 TDI will now come in three states of tune 218PS and 272PS variants for the turbocharged units and a 320PS version with the biturbo configuration.
The front-wheel drive versions, including the 2.0 TDI, will get a new dual-clutch transmission that will replace the multitronic CVT. The quattro equipped models get a new 7-speed S-tronic gearbox, while the biturbo diesel gets an 8-speed tiptronic.
The car will be shown at the Paris Motor Show alongside the updated S6, RS6 and the respective Avant variants.
Starts Rs 54.42 Lakhs
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each