2014 Jaguar F-Type Coupe launched in India at Rs 1.21 crore
Jaguar showcased the gorgeous F at the 2014 Auto Expo. The car was unveiled internationally towards the end of 2013 and prices for the F-Type Coupe start from Rs 1.21 crore ex-Delhi. The range topping F-Type Coupe V8 R 5.0 is available for Rs 1.82 crore.
The car is essentially the same as the F-Type convertible that is already on sale with the exception of the fixed roof. Dynamically though this should make a huge difference as Jaguar claims this allows for a 30 per cent stiffer chassis. The F-Type convertible is already a very good looking car, and while this is purely subjective, we happen to think the coupe looks even better. The roof features an optional tinted glass construction that appears to stretch all the way to the end of the rear windscreen. The fixed roof also helps establish a more flowing side profile and strong rear haunches.
The coupe comes in three versions just like its convertible sibling. The base V6 uses the same 3.0-litre supercharged V6 that makes 340PS. The next version is the V6 S which makes 380PS. The final version however leaves a bit of a surprise.
Where the range topping convertible V8 S used a 495PS supercharged V8, the coupe gets a more powerful 550PS version of the same engine. This is the same snarling V8 that's in the barking mad XKR-S we drove a few months ago. The higher power earns it the 'V8 R' moniker.
Starts Rs 95.12 Lakhs
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Baleno facelift production begins ahead of launch
- Live updates: 2022 Toyota Hilux India unveil, expected prices, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety