2014 Erik Buell Racing 1190RX unveiled
The 2014 Erik Buell Racing EBR 1190RX was unveiled at the American International Motorcycle Exposition. EBR, closer home, is better known for its partnership with Hero MotoCorp.
The bike is a direct street descendant of the track-bred 1190RS Super Bike. It gets a 1190cc V-Twin engine that delivers 188PS of raw power and 138Nm of peak torque. The assembly is completed with a 6-speed transmission that comes with a slipper cluth. It comes with a traction control system with 21 assistance settings, Showa BPF USD forks and a direct-mount Showa rear damper. It does a 0-100kmph run in about 2.9 seconds while reaching restricted top speeds of around 299kmph.
Full TFT instrument cluster, LED lamp assemblies and 17inch wheels with Pirelli tyres complete the 1190RX setup. It comes in three paintjobs, namely Striking Yellow, Race Red and Galactic Black. EBR has retained the famed fuel-in-frame chassis and some other components like single front disc and the eight-piston caliper from its parts bin.
The bike carries a price tag of $18,995. Eric Buell hopes to start sales by the year end in North America.
"This is the culmination of decades of dedication, innovation and teamwork," said EBR founder Erik Buell. "We have been working to create a pure rider's machine and a true world brand. From the heartland and the heart of America, these are extraordinary motorcycles that discerning riders everywhere will be passionate to own.
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review
- NewsFacelifted Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe SUV to launch in India on November 3