2014 BMW X5 to launch in India on May 29
BMW will be launching the new X5 SUV (codenamed F15) in India on May 29. The car will initially be available with a 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine pumping out 262PS of power, called the xDrive30d. Other engines might follow as time progresses.
The car comes in five and seven seat options and it receives an updated exterior and interiors. The looks have been altered slightly and only a trained eye will be able to tell the differences. The car is overall larger than its predecessor but still manages to be lighter due the various weight-saving measures employed by BMW.
The new generation is bigger and lighter than the previous one
This car will be assembled here at BMW's facility in Haryana from Completely Knocked Down (CKD) units imported from their South Carolina plant in the USA. BMW dealers have already started taking bookings for the car. We expect BMW to price the new X5 at around Rs 65lakh ex-showroom. When launched, the SUV will be in competition with the Audi Q7 and the Mercedes Benz GL-Class
Starts Rs 74.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 79.99 Lakhs
- Spec Comparison: Hyundai Tucson Vs Jeep Compass Vs Volkswagen Tiguan Vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Mahindra debuts two EV sub-brands, five EV concepts, launch from December 2024
- 2022 Hyundai Tucson review, first drive - More, for more
- Upcoming Audi Q3 bookings commence from Rs 2 lakh
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works