2014 Auto Expo: Volkswagen Taigun SUV Concept showcased
Volkswagen showcased their new SUV concept the Taigun at the Auto Expo 2014 and confirmed that they are currently evaluating the feasibility of an India launch in the near future.
The Taigun will be powered by a new efficient 1.0-litre turbocharged TSI petrol engine which produces 108PS and 175Nm of torque that will drive the front wheels. It's based on the PQ12 platform (as is the UP) that the Volkswagen plant in Chakan is currently equipped to handle.
The concept showcased featured a wheel mounted on the rear hatch and a special orange colour that will be unique for India. If this goes on sale in India, and we expect this will be soon, it will allow the German manufacturer to join the entry level SUV party and also give a vital boost to its sales number in the country.
- Every Drop Counts: India's most fuel-efficient cars of 2021
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar unveiled, engine details revealed
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine launched, prices start from Rs 39.90 lakh
- Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 replacement to be called XUV700