2014 Auto Expo: Volkswagen Polo R WRC showcased
Even as the Rally of Sweden is underway, the Volkswagen camp might be breaking out into a little bit of a sweat. The team appears to be missing one of their Polo WRCs and it appears to have turned up at the 2014 Auto Expo.
Winning 10 out of 13 rallies in its debut season - now if that doesn't ensure that a car goes down in history as a proper legend, what will? Luckily for the Polo R WRC, there are simply no doubts. The car is a proper little legend, having won the World Rally Championship in its debut season in 2013.
In combination with Sebastien Ogier's driving prowess and Julian Ingrassia's navigational skills, the Polo R WRC simply decimated the opposition in 2013, making Citroen go crying into one corner and M-Sport Ford into the other. With the R logo emblazoned on the side, an air intake in front and a spoiler at the rear, this here is quite a looker. Sure, it only has a 1.6-litre engine, but that's clearly all you need to win the WRC (if you're Seb Ogier, that is).
Starts Rs 6.17 Lakhs
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Toyota Yaris to be discontinued this month, rebadged Ciaz replacement?
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh