Video worth watching Tesla Model X rollover test
Elon Musk touts his Tesla cars to be some of the safest around and apart from a smattering of untoward incidents involving Tesla's Autopilot autonomous driving system or its misuse, the cars more or less live up to this claim with the Model X SUV being the first to achieve an NHTSA 5-Star safety rating in every category from the US government.
Today's video worth watching which shows the Tesla Model X undergoing rollover testing is proof of this. A black Model X is shown to be undergoing an internal 'soil trip' test where it simulates the SUV slide sideways from tarmac to a loose surface like sand. Three attempts are shown, but the Model X never really find itself on its roof. This quite impressive given that such a test usually heavily disbalances most cars, especially tall SUVs.
See it for yourself here:
Model X is the first and only SUV to achieve a NHTSA 5-Star safety rating in every category and subcategory, with the lowest probability of rollover and overall injury of any SUV pic.twitter.com/V0f8ljeIBp
- Tesla (@Tesla) May 20, 2018
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- Live updates: 2022 Toyota Hilux India unveil, expected prices, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety