Video worth watching: Rolls-Royce Cullinan takes on Pikes Peak
Rolls-Royce's Cullinan, its first ever SUV has just been unveiled. This SUV is based on a development of the Phantom VIII's 'Architecture of Luxury' aluminium-intensive structure and comes with an all-new four-wheel drive and four-wheel steer system. It features the 6.75 litre twin-turbo V12 Rolls-Royce engine which delivers 563PS and 850Nm. A number of features line the cabin developed specifically for this car including the viewing suite rear jump seats and the 'Recreation Module'. It is also first SUV to come with a hermetically sealed partition which separates the seating area from the rear luggage compartment, making it the first three-box SUV.
As a build to what can conservatively be called an excessive car, Rolls-Royce tied-up with National Geographic to fulfil a number of challenges. This culminated in what is seen in this video, a climb up the legendary Pikes Peak hill climb. The 19.9km route runs from the start-point at an altitude of 2,800m to the summit at 4,300m above sea level, with drivers having to negotiate 156 turns along the way. The event is one of the better known hill-climb events on the international motorsport calendar and has seen credible performances from manufacturers like Audi, Peugeot, Toyota and Suzuki.
See how the Cullinan fares in this video
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector