Video worth watching: 50 years of Mercedes-AMG - CLK GTR
Mercedes-AMG is celebrating 50 years of bringing performance to Mercedes-Benz cars. Among this performance and racing arm's most known creations are the Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR and CLK LM. This video offers a quick glimpse into the development and achievements of the CLK GTR.
The CLK GTR was designed by Mercedes-AMG with the aim of competing with Porsche and Ferrari in the 1997 and 1998 FIA GT Championship. Its design was based on the Mercedes-Benz CLK, and had enough elements of a road car to be able to be homologated.
While a small number of these cars were built for the road, they were considered a road-going racecar and featured the same mid-mounted M120 V12 engine as their race counterparts. This video is a look at the development, design, and performance and absolute dominance that the Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR enjoyed during a short span.
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July