Tata Zica to be launched in India on January 20, 2016
Tata Motors will launch the all-new Zica hatchback in India on January 20, 2016. The Tata Zica will be offered with two 3-cylinder engines to choose from a 1.2- Revotron petrol and a 1.05-litre Revotorq diesel. The petrol motor makes 85PS at 6,000rpm and 114Nm of peak torque from 3,500rpm. The diesel mill produces 70PS at 4,000rpm and 140Nm between 1,800 and 3,000rpm. We drove both variants and found that the petrol Zica was the better of the two.
The exterior is quite eye-catching with its hexagonal design theme. It looks a little larger than it actually is thanks to a few clever design elements like the protruding front end. On the inside, the Zica gets a great Harman touchscreen infotainment system similar to the ones in the Bolt and Zest. This system can create a network using a cellphone hotspot to let all the passengers in the car connect to the system and play their playlists at the same time. It also displays turn-by-turn navigation commands on its screen based on input from the phone's map-service provider. The interior space is quite good for a four-seater thanks to the 2,400mm long wheelbase, while it has boot capacity of 242 litres.
Also from OVERDRIVE on the Tata Zica:
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh