Tata Tiago (Zica) booking open in India
Tata Motors has announced the commencement of bookings for the Tiago with a booking amount of Rs 10,000 at any of the company's dealerships.
The Tata Tiago has been in the limelight even before it was launched. Previously known as the Zica, the company had to drop the name owing to the outbreak of the deadly virus, Zika that claimed many lives, globally. The company began a nationwide hunt for a new name and shortlisted three probables, Tiago, Civet and Adore. People were asked to vote for a name they'd prefer and the Tiago was the one that garnered the highest votes.
The Tiago will slot below the Tata Bolt and features an all new, 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, Revotron petrol unit that produces 85PS and 114Nm. The 1.05-litre three cylinder, Revotorq diesel, on the other hand, develops 70PS and 140Nm. Tata has kitted the car with a host of features, including an eight-speaker Harman system with navigation. Our first drive also revealed that the car is spacious with well appointed interiors.
The Tiago will go up, primarily, against the Maruti Suzuki Celerio. Stay tuned for a detailed road test review and comparison test after its launch, expected later this month.
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.65 Lakhs
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: MG Motor India record highest ever monthly sales
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained