Spied: Tata Nexon spotted on Mumbai-Pune Expressway
Tata Motors showcased the near production-ready version of the Nexon at the 2016 Auto Expo. The Tata Nexon is the first sub-4m SUV from Tata Motors and will compete with the Ford EcoSport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the recently launched Mahindra NuvoSport. A fully camouflaged test vehicle was spotted on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
As seen from the images, the camouflaged test mule doesn't reveal anything, except that the trim was a base. However, the Nexon displayed at the expo featured projector lights with LED daytime running lamps. It has a muscular front profile which was carried through to the rear. The Tata Nexon has a ground clearance of 200mm and rides on 16-inch wheels with 215-section tyres on them. Instead of making it look like a conventional SUV, Tata designers have added a unique floating roof as seen on some of the hatchbacks. The Tata Nexon will be the third car after the Tiago and Kite5 to use the new Impact Design language.
Powering the upcoming Tata Nexon will be a new family of 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines and these won't be branded Revotron and Revotorq, as confirmed by Tata Motors. While there is no official date about the launch of the Tata Nexon, we believe it will arrive by the end of this year or early 2017.
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030