Over 7,200 units of the Ford Ecosport SUV have been recalled in India
In a statement issued by the company, Ford India has stated that it has recalled 7,249 units of the Ford EcoSport compact SUV's petrol variants. The affected cars were manufactured between November 2017 and March 2018 and could suffer from a faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM). This may lead some of the cars to suddenly decelerate or drain their batteries.
These cars will be given a software update to fix the issue. Ford says that customers whose cars are part of this recall will be notified via an email or a letter. They can also visit the company's website and find out if their cars are a part of the action being taken.
Ford India recently updated the Ecosport with significant changes to both, the exterior and interior. Two new top-of-the-line variants- the S and the Signature were also launched. The compact SUV is available in India with two petrol engines and one diesel motor.
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July