Nigel Harris appointed as president of Changan Ford
Ford has announced a leadership change in its operations in the Indian and Chinese markets. Nigel Harris has been appointed as the new president of Changan Ford. As the name suggests, Changan Ford is a joint venture between Changan Automobile Group and Ford Motor Company. Prior to this new role, Harris held the position of president and managing director of Ford India since February 2014.
The 54-year old is a veteran at Ford and credited with the success of Ford India's expansion plans, including the setting up of the Sanand plant and introducing new products in the market. Ford's senior leadership has moved Harris to this new role because of his extensive marketing and sales experience and in-depth understanding of the China market. They feel that Nigel has the right leadership skills that will help the company grow. Nigel has held the position of general manager sales at Changan Ford for over five years.
Until Ford India appoints Nigel's successor, it has announced that Anurag Mehrotra, the company's executive director for marketing, sales and service, will also be carrying out the roles and responsibilities of a managing director.
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh