Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan to debut at Beijing Auto Show
Mercedes-Benz will unveil the A-Class Sedan at the upcoming Beijing auto show. The latest-gen Mercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback debuted at the Geneva motor show some time ago and this new car will be one of eight small cars that will be based on the same MFA2 underpinnings.
It should be noted that this car is different from the CLA-Class and features a more traditional three-box layout. The CLA will be replaced by a new coupe-sedan later on. The design up to the B-pillars will be very close to that of the A-Class hatchback
Engine options will likely include 1.4-litre, 1.5-litre, and 2.0-liter four-cylinder motors. The 2.0 litre motor, most likely what the car will be equipped if launched in India, produces 224PS and is paired with a 7-speed twin clutch gearbox. Both A35 and A45 AMG models will follow with up to 400PS.
A-Class interior for reference
The interiors should be heavily derived from the A-Class hatchback and top-trims will feature the twin 7-inch screen layout for the infotainment. As in the hatchback, the cabin will be littered with aluminium accents and high-quality materials.
The A-Class sedan is primarily targeted towards the Chinese market and isn't confirmed for India as yet. But as luxury car makers show increased interest in the lower end of the luxury market, the A-Class sedan could do well in India as a more spacious and practical alternative to the CLA-Class. Mercedes will also reveal the Maybach version of the GLS SUV in Beijing.
Spy Image Source: Autoevolution
Starts Rs 29.9 Lakhs
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each