Launched 2013 Piaggio Ape City petrol/LPG/CNG in India
Piaggio which has been selling its three-wheelers in India since 1999, has introduced a new passenger carrier. The Ape City, as it is called, is available with a choice of three fuels â" petrol, LPG and CNG. It is priced at Rs 1.10 lakh, Rs 1.23 lakh and Rs 1.25 lakh, ex-Maharashtra for the three variants respectively.
The Ape City three-wheeler is powered by a 3-valve 200cc engine. While no official figures have been released, Piaggio claims that the City has higher power and torque figures than its competitors and also has 10 per cent more fuel efficiency. Acceleration is claimed to be brisk with the rickshaw having no issues with climbing steep gradients with ease.
A 36,000km/12 months warranty is being offered with the Ape City, with four free services being part of the package. Piaggio says that the Ape City will need an oil change only every 10,000km.
Ravi Chopra, chairman and managing director of Piaggio India Pvt. Ltd said, "At Piaggio, our emphasis has always been on value creation. Be it product design or performance. We have consistently gone to the market with our customers in mind. Anticipating the regulatory shift towards more eco-friendly vehicles and customer's needs for a small, fuel efficient and comfortable 3 wheeler, we conceived the ap City to deliver exceptional value and a superior experience to our customers. Today, we are confident the ap City will outclass others in the alternative fuel segment and will help consolidate our position in the 3-wheeler segment."
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh