Aditya Patel returns to endurance racing with Gulf 12 Hours of Abu Dhabi
India's Aditya Patel who won the 24 hours of Nurburgring (SP4T) in 2012, is making a comeback to endurance racing with Gulf 12 Hours of Abu Dhabi in his Audi R8 LMS this weekend.
After a fairly successful season in the International GT Open, Patel has been given the opportunity to race with team ISR, who are famous for their exploits in the World Series formula and have recently made a switch to GT cars with Audi.
Aditya, who is supported by Audi India, JK Tyre Amante and Jubilant Motorworks, will share the car with Czech drivers Filip Salaquarda and Jiri Perisik.
Aditya said, "This year has been pretty good so far and I would like to thank Audi for giving me this opportunity to race with team ISR for the Gulf 12 Hours this weekend. After spending two seasons racing the sprint format, it will be very interesting to return to the endurance format. It's a hugely popular event and there are some big names from the world of motorsport on the grid. I'm really looking forward to this race with the team and hopefully we can come back with a good result!"
Audi and Aditya Patel are working on an endurance programme for 2015, one that should see him make a big step in his career.
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- News2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift unveiled internationally
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and SBI tie-up to offer financial benefits
- NewsPorsche Taycan sets world record going sideways
- NewsIndia two-wheeler helmet market is projected to grow at a double digit rate, Sidhartha Khurana, STUDDS
- NewsNew-gen Honda City hatchback to replace Jazz in some markets