2019 Ford Ecosport Thunder edition spotted ahead of launch
The sub-four-metre SUV segment has seen a lot of action lately, first with the Mahindra XUV300 and then the Hyundai Venue. This means that the Ford Ecosport has its work cut out in staying relevant. Addressing this, Ford India seems to be working on a new cosmetic update for the SUV, as seen in the Ford Ecosport Thunder editon here.
This looks like a largely cosmetic package. Noticeable additions to the exterior are the new black anti-glare patch on the bonnet, black graphics along the sides and on the boot lid, and a new black spare-wheel cover. The front gets the smoked-headlamps from the S trim, and a new bumper inserts. Rounding all of this off is the new black alloy wheels.
The interior also carries forward this dynamic theme. There is an all-black layout with orange inserts on the seats and doorpads. Equipment levels seem to mimic those of the Titanium trim, so expect climate control, keyless-entry and go and the Sync 2 infotainment.
Mechanically, the Thunder edition could continue with the 15-litre dragon petrol with 123PS and 150Nm. This motor comes with a 5-speed transmission as standard or an optional 6-speed automatic. The 1.5-litre diesel with 100PS/205Nm and a 5-speed manual unit may be the other option.
Prices of the Ecosport start at Rs 7.83 lak for the base petrol and go up to Rs 11.9 for the S diesel. Expect the Thunder to cost around Rs 35,000 more than the trim it will be based on.
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector