The drive is being organized and conducted by Network18 Media & Investments Limited ("Network18"). The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants registering for the drive. Selection thereof by every participant is an acknowledgement of acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the participant.
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants
registering for the Starstruck Drive. Selection thereof by every
participant is an acknowledgement of acceptance of these Terms and
Conditions by the participant.
- The Drive shall commence on 23th February 2018 from Ahmedabad and conclude at Ahmedabad on 28th February 2018
- Indian Citizens who are resident in India and above the age of eighteen (18) years are eligible to participate in the drive. Employees and/or family members of Network18 and its group companies are not entitled to participate.
- Participant should not have any criminal background and Network18 holds the right to check the participant's background any time after the participant is short-listed.
- Participant agrees to provide complete and correct information with respect to his/her identity, contact details, Permanent Account Number, age, education, profession and such other information as may be required by Network18. Network18 may ask the Participant for his/her proof of identity and/or eligibility. Failure to provide such proof by Participant immediately could result in his/her disqualification at the sole discretion of Network18.
- As the journey can be strenuous, Participants must be in good health condition. Participants shall consult a certified medical practitioner prior to undertaking the Drive. Network18 may seek from the Participant a Medical Fitness Certificate by a certified medical practitioner certifying good health condition of the Participant to participate in the Drive. Failure to do so by the Participant will result in disqualification in Network18's sole discretion.
- Applications should be
received by Network18 via online registrations on or before 15th February 2018.
- Network18 shall select
participants for the Drive from all the entries received by
Network18. Selection will be on the basis of BMI i.e. all people
sending their entries will have to send their BMI as well. Basis the
BMI selection of 8 people will take place.
- Selection of the eight (8) participants from all the complete and correct entries received for the Drive vests solely and exclusively with Network18 and Network18's decision shall be final and binding and cannot be contested.
- Upon selection, participants may be required to complete paperwork and give a declaration, indemnity as specified by Network18. In the event, any of the participants does not fulfil the obligation; the participant will be disqualified from the drive.
- By participating in the drive, the participant acknowledges that he/she has voluntarily applied to participate on this trip and that he/she has read the description of the Drive as it appears on the Overdrive website.
- By registering for the drive, the participant acknowledges that he/she is aware that adventure travel such as the trip he/she is undertaking involves potentially dangerous activities, some in remote areas of the hilly terrain, with a risk of illness, injury, or death which may be caused by forces of nature, illness, or by wilful or criminal conduct of third parties or by terrorism.
- The participant further acknowledges that weather conditions may be severe, adverse and/or unpleasant and that medical services or facilities may not be readily available or accessible during some or all of the time during which he/she is participating on the drive.
THE TRIP INCLUDES:
- Accommodations and meals as indicated in the itinerary (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner); pre-departure information; entrance fees, excursions, and sightseeing noted as included in the itinerary; ground transportation during the trip; guides and any other staff; and taxes, baggage handling, and service charges. Please note: The "B, L, D" notations apply to the period during the Drive only and do not include any meals on flights to/from the trip. Accommodations will be on twin sharing basis.
- All suppliers of services
connected with the Drive ("Other
third-party contractors and are solely responsible and liable for
providing their respective services.
- Network18 shall not be are
not liable for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any
third party, such as hotels or other lodging facilities, local ground
& COST INCREASES:
- Network18 will not be
responsible for providing any reimbursement for delays in the Drive
due to bad weather, trail conditions, road conditions, transportation
delays or government intervention.
HEALTH AND CERTIFICATION:
- The participant certifies
that he/she is physically fit and does not have a condition that would
limit mobility. Participant further certifies that he/she does not have
any mental, physical, or other condition or disability that would
create a hazard for him/herself or other participants.
- For adventures that take
place at higher altitudes (above 11562 feet), participant certifies
that he/she does not suffer from a respiratory, cardiac or circulatory
disorder. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to accept,
decline to accept, or remove any participant on the Drive at any
time during the trip.
- In the event of removal from
a trip, refunds are not given.
- Hospital facilities or
appropriate medical facilities or doctors are often unavailable and
evacuation can be prolonged, difficult, and expensive. Network18 assume
no liability regarding provision of medical care.
- Participants will receive
appropriate health information and a Medical Certificate to be filled
out and returned to Network18.
- Network18 shall take an
insurance cover to cover risks involved in undertaking the Drive as
it may deem appropriate in its sole discretion. It is agreed and
understood by the participants that such a insurance may not cover all
possible eventualities whether human or any act beyond the reasonable
control of Network18, and Network18 shall not be held responsible or
liable for the same.
- Participant is responsible
for understanding the conditions as described in the Drive
itinerary and selecting the trip in consultation with Network18 that is
appropriate to his/her interests and abilities, and for preparing for
the trip by reading the Trip Itinerary and supplemental trip
information in the pre-trip materials and for bringing the appropriate
clothing and equipment as advised in those materials.
- Baggage and personal effects
are at all times the sole responsibility of the participant.
- Network18 assumes no
liability for loss or damage to baggage in transit and during the Drive.
- It shall be the sole
responsibility of the participants selected for the Drive to make
their own travel arrangements at their sole cost to reach Ahmedabad airport prior to the commencement of the Drive as may be
intimated by Network18 and for their return journey from Ahmedabad upon
completion of the Drive.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND:
- The fee payable for participating in the Drive is Rs. 75,000/- (Rupees Seventy Five Thousand only).
- Participants will require to pay the aforesaid amount in
full for the Drive by transferring the money in the mentioned
submitting proof of the same, only then it will be considered a
registered candidate for the event.
- For reservations full
payment is required. After making a reservation, the participant will
receive detailed pre-trip information with clothing and equipment list,
invoice, insurance information, medical certificate and other
information needed to prepare for the Drive. Final trip details
will be sent 1 week prior to departure.
- Network18 recommends
purchase of the optional supplemental travel insurance package to
protect oneself in case of an unexpected medical emergency. Network18
reserves the right to cancel the trip because of inadequate enrollment
that makes the trip economically infeasible to operate or because of
our concerns with respect to the safety, health, or welfare of the
participants. If the Drive is canceled by us prior to departure,
Network18 will provide the participant with a full refund of monies
paid to them; except in the event cancellation is due to a significant
event that makes it infeasible to undertake the Drive as planned,
in which case Network18 will provide the participant with a refund
and/or credit towards a future trip/event equivalent to monies paid to
them. If Network18 cancels the Drive while in progress, the
participant will receive a prorated refund and/or a credit based on the
number of days not completed on the Drive.
- Network18 reserves the
right, without penalty, to make changes in the published itinerary
whenever, in our judgment, conditions warrant, or if we deem it
necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of participant.
- We reserve the right to take
photographs or videos during the operation of the Drive or part
thereof and to use the resulting photography, videos, or recordings for
promotional or commercial use. By making a reservation on the Road
Trip, participant agrees to allow his/her likeness to be used by
Network18 without compensation to participant. You further agree that
photographic or video images of you, containing you, may be used by the
organizers, managers or any sponsors or promoters of the Drive for
publicity purposes. Copyright in all photographs, video, and related
materials created by participant ("Adventure
Materials") shall belong to
the participant upon creation. Participant grants to Network18 and
Network18 authorized third parties a non-exclusive, worldwide,
irrevocable license to use any Adventure Materials provided to
Network18 and/or Network18 authorised third party, in any media now
existing or subsequently developed for the following limited purposes:
editorial use, promotion of the editorial use, promotion of Network18's
travel programs or promotion of the same.
Network18 will provide
educational enrichment for the Drive to ensure safety and security
to the participants.
While the organizers, managers
and promoters of the Drive will do all in their reasonable control
to make the Drive as safe as possible, all participants take part
at their own risk.
None of the organizers,
managers or any sponsors or promoters of the Drive accept liability
for any loss or damaged caused where:
- There is breach of a
contractual obligation or legal duty of care owed to you.
- Such loss or damage is not
reasonably foreseeable at the time of breach.
- An injury is sustained or
property damaged in the course of the Drive or as a result of
taking part in the Drive; or
- Any changes are made to the
route or conduct of the Drive for safety or operational reasons or
as otherwise required for the safe and proper carrying out of the
Without limitation, Network18
is not responsible for any injury, loss, or damage to personal
property, death, delay or inconvenience in connection with the
provision of any goods or services occasioned by or resulting from, but
not limited to, acts of God, acts of government, weather, force
majeure, acts of war or civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, strikes
or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities or the
threat thereof, of any kind, epidemics or the threat thereof, illness,
overbooking or downgrading of accommodations, structural or other
defective conditions in hotels or other lodging facilities, dangers
associated with or bites from animals, pests or insects, sanitation
problems, food poisoning, lack of, access to or quality of medical
care, difficulty in evacuation in case of medical or other emergency,
negligence of physicians or medical personnel of for any cause beyond
its direct control. In addition, the participant releases Network18
from their own negligence and assumes all risk thereof.
Network18 may cancel the Road
Trip or other organized activities at its discretion. Network18 will
endeavor to give as much notice as possible of any cancellations.
Network18 accept no liability for any costs incurred as a result of the
Network18 reserves the right to change the Terms and conditions at any
time and without notice. You will be automatically bound by these
All rights, title, claim and
interest, including but not limited to the Intellectual Property
Rights, in the Drive, the promotional material(s)/activity and in
any and all content received shall vest solely and exclusively with
Network18 at all times.
The participant agrees that he/she shall hold harmless Network18, its
employees, officers or any other person in connection with the Road
Trip and shall also not file in person/ through any family member
and/or third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings
in any courts or forum in India against Network18 to claim any damages
- This event shall be governed
by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws in India. All
matters with respect to this Drive are subject to the jurisdiction
of the Courts at New Delhi only.