ZF and Levant Power develop new Regenerative Suspension technology
ZF Friedrichshafen AG and Levant Power Corp., based in Massachusetts, USA, have come together to develop the world's first fully active and regenerative suspension, make it ready for volume production, and introduce it to the market.
"We are looking forward to working closely together with Levant Power. We are promoting efficient innovations that are tailored to meet global requirements", said Rolf Heinz Ruger, in charge of the Suspension Technology business unit of ZF's Car Chassis Technology division.
The system transforms kinetic energy into electricity to feed a motor, thereby reducing emissions
With ride and handling being at the core of the driving experience, the GenShock-technology looks to pave the way for revolutionary damper technology. "ZF and Levant working in unison will reinvent that driving experience," said Shakeel Avadhany, Founder & CEO of Levant Power.
An electro-hydraulic functional unit fitted to the exterior of the damper regulates the oil flow in the damper. The technology also treats each wheel individually and adapts to all kind of movements, braking and evasive maneuvers.
The technology is also capable of using this motion of the damper pistons to recover energy and drive it to the electro-hydraulic unit. Basically, it transforms kinetic energy into electricity to feed a motor, thereby reducing emissions.
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet