Yamaha slashes prices of the FZ 25 range by up to Rs 20,000
The BS6 emission norms came into effect in April 2020 and the ex-showroom prices of all two-wheelers saw a considerable hike. The two-wheeler segment was hit by the BS6 emission norms and then further by the pandemic. Amidst all that, it's very seldom to see a brand slashing the prices of two premium motorcycles by a whopping Rs 20,000.
Yamaha Motorcycle India has announced price revision for FZ 25 and FZS 25. As per the statement released by the Japanese bikemaker, the brand has managed to bring down the input costs and passed the benefit to the customers. The FZ 25 now costs Rs 1.34 lakh while the FZS 25 now costs Rs 1.39 lakh ex-showroom, Delhi. Earlier, the FZ 25 was priced at Rs 1.53 lakh whereas the FZS 25 was priced at Rs 1.58 lakh ex-showroom, Delhi.
The onslaught of BS6 emission norms demanded advanced technologies to be used and that came at a high cost. With time, Yamaha has tried to cut down the input costs to make the FZ 25 more accessible to customers. We expect similar but comparatively smaller price revisions made to the rest of the range too. It is also worth noting that both the motorcycles will continue with the same features and technology, despite the price reduction.
Starts Rs 99,200
Starts Rs 1,33,680
- MG Astor interiors leaked ahead of late-2021 launch
- Yamaha India introduces the FZ 25 Monster Energy MotoGP Edition at Rs 1.36 lakh
- First Maruti Suzuki EV to launch before 2025, priced below Rs 10 lakh
- 2021 Tata Xpres-T EV launched in India at Rs 9.75 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate