Yamaha Saluto RX launched in India at Rs 46,400
Yamaha India has launched an all-new commuter motorcycle, the Saluto RX at Rs 46,400 ex-Delhi. This commuter is targeted at the rural youth in India under the age group of 30 years. The name has been derived from Yamaha's 125cc commuter, the Saluto and from the legendary RX.
The new Yamaha Saluto RX is an all-new 2-valve 110cc 4-stroke single cylinder motorcycle. The motorcycle makes 7.5PS of power and a peak torque of 8.5Nm, and is mated to a 4-speed transmission. Yamaha claims a fuel efficiency of 82kmpl from the Saluto RX. The Yamaha Saluto RX boasts a telescopic front fork along with coil springs at the rear. The front tyre size is 2.75-17 41P and the rear is 3.00-17 50P. Both the tyres are tube types. Yamaha offers 130mm drum brakes on both ends. Kerb weight of the Saluto RX is 98kg, lighter by approximately 22kg than the company's previous 110 models. The chassis, Yamaha says is all new, is inspired by the Saluto 125's body.
Yamaha has discontinued the Crux motorcycle and expects the Saluto RX to do around 60,000 units a year. Yamaha expects the Saluto RX to contribute to around seven per cent of the overall sales. The Saluto RX goes head-on with the Honda Dream Neo and TVS Star City +.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant