Yamaha Ray, FZ-S and Fazer discontinued in India
Yamaha have discontinued the Ray scooter in India. Yamaha have also pulled the plug on the carburetted FZ-S and its semi-faired cousin, the Fazer. All these vehicles have also been removed from the company's website.
Yamaha's new lifestyle scooter, the Fascino is said to be the reason behind discontinuing the Ray. The Yamaha Fascino while being more expensive than the Ray is also more desirable and ranks high on the customer's preferences. The Ray was also Yamaha's first scooter in the Indian market. Its more flashier sibling, the Ray Z continues as of now. At the Auto Expo 2016, Yamaha showcased the new Ray ZR which while continuing with the same Blue Core 113cc engine, has an optional disc brake in the front. It also comes in an alloy wheel trim. The scooter will be launched in India in a couple of months.
The Yamaha FZ, the base carburetted unit in the meanwhile is still on sale. An insider tells us that the new FZ and FZ-S are doing quite well in the market and was the reason behind discontinuation of the carb equivalents. The Ray Z which is a smidgen more expensive than the Ray still continues to be on sale.
Starts Rs 50,817
Starts Rs 57,123
Starts Rs 99,200
- Mahindra drop another teaser showing off the upcoming EVs infotainment
- Helmet cameras are now a punishable offence in Kerala
- Top-5 best selling cars for July 2022
- Spec Comparison: Hyundai Tucson Vs Jeep Compass Vs Volkswagen Tiguan Vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works