Yamaha launches 2020 BW'S 125 adventure scooter in Japan
Yamaha has launched the BW'S 125 adventure scooter in Japan at a price of 3,35,500 yen which is around Rs 2.38 lakh and it is powered by a 125cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine mated to a CVT gearbox that makes a maximum power of 9.8PS and pulls 9.9Nm of torque. The bike rides on 12-inch dual-purpose tyres with disc brakes on both wheels and the damping duties are done by telescopic forks up front and dual shock absorbers at the rear.
The bike looks rugged and sporty, and that is because it takes styling inspiration from adventure bikes. The apron mounted headlamp houses a halogen unit and right below it is the sporty front fender and it also gets an LCD dash.
The adventure look is accented by the exposed handlebar with knuckle protectors, front fork gaiters and a carrier at the rear. It also gets a 29-litre storage space under the seat with a 4-litre cubby hole on the side and the exhaust is a little longer than the usual size.
At the moment, there is no news of the BW'S 125 making its way to India, the Yamaha fleet in the country already has the Street Rally 125, Ray ZR 125 and Fascino 125. Yamaha plans on selling 500 units of BW'S 125 in Japan.
Starts Rs 50,817
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each