WRC: Citroen announces 2017 driver lineup
Craig Breene, Kris Meeke and Stephane Lefebvre are confirmed to driver for Citroen in the 2017 season of the World Rally Championship
Citroen Racing has announced the names of the drivers and co-drivers who will compete for the team in the next two seasons of the World Rally Championship. While Kris Meeke and navigator Paul Nagle were already confirmed to compete for Citroen until the 2018 season, it has now been announced that Craig Breen and navigator Scott Martin, as well as Stephane Lefebvre and navigator Gabin Moreau, will compete in the team in 2017. Sheikh Khalid Al Qassimi will compete at some events in the 2017 season, with co-driver Chris Patterson.
The team has already completed seven development tests, both on gravel and tarmac, of the C3 WRC, and is close to the final version of the car that will make its debut in 2017, as Citroen makes its works return to the WRC.
An official press release from Citroen said of the driver selection, "This choice is very much in line with Citroën's long-held policy aimed at identifying and developing talented young rally drivers. In the last 15 years or more, Citroën has identified some of the best in the business: Loeb, Ogier, Sordo, Neuville, Camilli and of course Meeke. Breen and Lefebvre are destined to add their names to this illustrious list!"
The 2017 season will see two Citroen C3 WRCs entered in the championship. One will be piloted by Kris Meeke, and the other alternately by Breen and Lefebvre. Citroen is yet to announce exact distribution of events.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector