What to expect from the upcoming Kia SP2i compact SUV - Unveiling June 20
Kia has given out the interior sketches of the SP2i that is scheduled to be unveiled in India on June 20. By the looks of it, the Kia SP2i, which we've been calling the Hyundai Creta's cousin gets a different layout for the dashboard. The centre stage is taken by a 10.25-inch touch screen infotainment system, with air ducts right underneath. We can surely expect Kia to equip the infotainment system with their own cell phone connected operating system along with Android Auto and Apple Car Play to. Though the instrument cluster remains a twin pod design with a multi-information display in the middle.
The lower half of the dashboard houses an automatic climate control with a grab handle for the front passenger. The sketches give away that the compact SUV will come with an automatic transmission, however, it is too soon to say if it will be a dual-clutch or a torque converter unit.
Other features we can observe are the steering mounted controls, electronic parking brake, engine start-stop button and switches that could control different driving modes and traction control. The KIA SP2i will come with multicoloured ambient lights as well.
Byung Chul Juh, Head of Kia Styling at Kia Motors Corporation, comments: "We have focused on designing a cabin unlike any other in the mid-SUV segment, with a greater sense of depth and richness to the design. Our newest model will offer greater pleasure and satisfaction to our customers, with a premium-quality interior that benefits from sophisticated design details."
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each