Watch the video of the new Mahindra Scorpio first drive
Mahindra after 12 years have just launched a significantly improved Scorpio. The highlights of this new Scorpio, mind you its not all new and even Mahindra don't claim it to be, are its new chassis, suspension, braking system, exterior design upgrades and interior detailing. We've driven it, you can read the entire story here, but we've also got a video on the first drive experience. Rest assured it shows a huge improvement in several areas.
One big question that will be asked is about its styling, especially the exteriors and why is there a mixed bag of old and new elements? The principal reason behind this because the new chassis isn't entirely new. The middle section is still the same old unit which enabled Mahindra to keep the development costs lower than is the case usually. This benefit has transferred to the consumer which explains its highly competitive pricing that hasn't changed much compared to last generations Scorpio.
For those who would like to know there is 4WD option coming out next month. It's a shift-on-the-fly $WD transfer case with low ratios and that means superb off-road abilities. The weight of the frame has come down by 6 kilos thanks to better manufacturing processes, this is a significant reduction considering not much has changed in the materials used.
As for those wanting the automatic option, Mahindra will offer that on the new Scorpio but just not from today but sometime next year.
Starts Rs 12.4 Lakhs
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each