Volvo XC40 T4 petrol SUV to launch in India at Rs 39.9 lakh, will be BSVI compliant
Volvo Cars India will launch a new engine option for its XC40 SUV in India soon at Rs 39.9 lakh, ex-showroom. The new model is termed the Volvo XC40 T4 and will come with a BSVI compliant 2.0-litre petrol motor. This engine option will be available in the mid-spec R-Design trim level.
The 1,969cc petrol motor puts out 190PS and 300Nm. It comes paired with an Aisin eight-speed torque convertor automatic and is only available in a front-wheel drive configuration. The XC40, equipped as such, is capable of getting from 0 to 100kmph in 8.4s and on to a 210kmph top speed. The R-Design trim level will be available in this version, and adds unique design touches. These come in the form of gloss black bits on the front grille, the roof and the door mirrors. There is also a charcoal entire trim option with aluminium highlights, R-Design seats, gear shifter and steering wheel, and an option of contrasting carpeting to go with the Nappa leather/Nubuck textile upholstery.
The XC40 is currently available in India with the D4 2.0-litre 4-cylinder diesel motor with 190PS and 400Nm. Two trims are available; the Momentum at Rs 39.9 lakh and the Inscription at Rs 43.9 lakh. The R-Design trims sits between these two.
Watch our Volvo XC40 vs BMW X1 comparison test below
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 35.9 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained