Volvo XC40 T4 petrol SUV to launch in India at Rs 39.9 lakh, will be BSVI compliant
Volvo Cars India will launch a new engine option for its XC40 SUV in India soon at Rs 39.9 lakh, ex-showroom. The new model is termed the Volvo XC40 T4 and will come with a BSVI compliant 2.0-litre petrol motor. This engine option will be available in the mid-spec R-Design trim level.
The 1,969cc petrol motor puts out 190PS and 300Nm. It comes paired with an Aisin eight-speed torque convertor automatic and is only available in a front-wheel drive configuration. The XC40, equipped as such, is capable of getting from 0 to 100kmph in 8.4s and on to a 210kmph top speed. The R-Design trim level will be available in this version, and adds unique design touches. These come in the form of gloss black bits on the front grille, the roof and the door mirrors. There is also a charcoal entire trim option with aluminium highlights, R-Design seats, gear shifter and steering wheel, and an option of contrasting carpeting to go with the Nappa leather/Nubuck textile upholstery.
The XC40 is currently available in India with the D4 2.0-litre 4-cylinder diesel motor with 190PS and 400Nm. Two trims are available; the Momentum at Rs 39.9 lakh and the Inscription at Rs 43.9 lakh. The R-Design trims sits between these two.
Watch our Volvo XC40 vs BMW X1 comparison test below
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 35.9 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Honda Elevate name trademarked, N7X-based 3-three SUV to launch in India?