Volvo XC40 ICE SUV to launch in India on September 21
On September 21, the face-lifted Volvo XC40 with ICE power will debut in India. Along with a new mild-hybrid petrol powertrain that is rumoured to be 15 percent more fuel efficient than before, it receives a number of minor modifications from top to bottom.
The Volvo XC40 will now come in a moderate hybrid version rather than merely a gasoline version in its most recent incarnation. Its diesel variant was previously retired to make room for the petrol model, and this facelift for the 2023 model year will take its place. A frameless grille, revised bumpers, sharper headlights inspired by the C40 Coupe SUV, and the addition of new external colour choices are among the modifications made here.
The 2-litre turbocharged gasoline engine in the XC40 is likely to remain the same, but it will now be mated to a 48-volt mild hybrid system and a 13PS/40Nm e-motor. It is claimed that the new powertrain would provide higher fuel efficiency than the previous one, up to 15kmpl, and is capable of producing 197PS and 300Nm combined (7PS more than before) (WLTP Combined).
The upgraded SUV's interior has a new shift lever, raising its level of elegance. The inside of the SUV is unaltered, but for the new wood trim on the dashboard. It already comes with a 13-speaker Dirac sound system, panoramic sunroof, PM 2.5 interior air filtering system, and a portrait-style touchscreen supported by an Android operating system (OS).
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 55.9 Lakhs
- Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.45 lakh
- Tata Tiago EV launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.49 lakh
- Facelifted Tata Harrier spotted testing, expected to debut in early 2023
- Are Hybrids the Answer? And Should The Path To Electric Mobility Be Via Strong Hybrids?
- Price Comparison: Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Vs Hyundai Creta Vs Skoda Kushaq Vs Kia Seltos Vs Volkswagen Taigun Vs MG Astor