Volvo V40 has been crowned the safest car by Euro NCAP
Euro NCAP has adjudged the new Volvo V40 as one of the safest car it has ever tested. The tests conducted on it include grown-up occupant safety, safety assist, pedestrian safety and child occupant safety. For the first test, the V40 recorded a 98 per cent rating, the highest NCAP has accorded on any car. In the safety assist category, the numerous safety features like City Safety, Pedestrian Detection and Auto Braking ensured that the V40 recorded a perfect 100. The pedestrian safety test saw the Volvo get an impressive 88 per cent, thanks to the innovative pedestrian airbag system. The only fly in the V40's safety ointment was child occupant protection for which it got only 75 per cent.
Thomas Broberg, Volvo's senior technical advisor safety said,"We work continuously on improving the already high safety level of our cars through ongoing research into the reasons behind road accidents and by gaining in-depth understanding of the results of actual collisions."
- Great Wall Motor quits India after 2 years of operation
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder officially unveiled