Volvo-owner Geely to launch new car brand on October 20
China based Geely, which owns Volvo, is expected to launch a new car brand, Lynk & Co on October 20 in Berlin. According to a Reuters report, the first vehicle from the new car brand will be based on the Complex Modular Architecture platform (CMA). This platform has been developed for small cars and Volvo had earlier stated that the first car based on this platform will be launched in 2017.
Reuters reports that the new car brand will compete in the middle market segment. This segment comprises of vehicles developed by the collaboration between Chinese and international carmakers. So, cars from the Lynk & Co car brand will typically rival vehicles launched by GM and SAIC Motor Corp.
It is a strategic move on Geely's part to have different brands focusing on individual segments. Post the launch of Lynk & Co, Geely will compete against the products of local manufacturers while Volvo will compete against global luxury car manufacturers.
The upcoming new car brand from Geely has already launched a teaser website lynkco.com. It is being reported that initially Lynk & Co cars will be sold only in China. Later the brand is expected to foray into the U.S. and Europe.
Starts Rs 51.9 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh