Volkswagen to display another I.D. concept at Detroit Motor Show
Volkswagen has announced that it will present a new I.D. concept at the upcoming North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Like the previously showcased I.D., the new concept is also based on the Modular Electric Drive Kit (MEB) platform.
Volkswagen first presented the I.D. family model at the Paris International Motor Show in September 2016. The I.D., as the company says, stands for purity in design language, form and character.
"It combines ample space for travel with a long electric driving range, to usher a new feeling of freedom with zero emissions and a new era of mobility," states the company in its official release. The company claims that the I.D. concept vehicles will be able to drive fully autonomously in the future.
Volkswagen is also going to debut the India-bound Tiguan Allspace at the Detroit Motor Show. This will be a larger version of the Tiguan with a three-row 7-seater arrangement. The European version of the longer Tiguan will be called Allspace, while the models for the North America and China would stick to the model name Tiguan.
- Indian Auto Industry Forced to Dance to Government's Changing Tunes
- 2023 Tata Nexon facelift review, first drive - focused on the positives
- 2024 Jeep Compass 4x2 AT review, first drive - widening the net
- 2023 Honda CB200X launched in India at Rs 1.47 lakh
- New Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 engine and dimensions details revealed