Volkswagen to display another I.D. concept at Detroit Motor Show
Volkswagen has announced that it will present a new I.D. concept at the upcoming North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Like the previously showcased I.D., the new concept is also based on the Modular Electric Drive Kit (MEB) platform.
Volkswagen first presented the I.D. family model at the Paris International Motor Show in September 2016. The I.D., as the company says, stands for purity in design language, form and character.
"It combines ample space for travel with a long electric driving range, to usher a new feeling of freedom with zero emissions and a new era of mobility," states the company in its official release. The company claims that the I.D. concept vehicles will be able to drive fully autonomously in the future.
Volkswagen is also going to debut the India-bound Tiguan Allspace at the Detroit Motor Show. This will be a larger version of the Tiguan with a three-row 7-seater arrangement. The European version of the longer Tiguan will be called Allspace, while the models for the North America and China would stick to the model name Tiguan.
Starts Rs 33.24 Lakhs
- Nissan Magnite: Best-in-class, throughout
- MG Astor interiors leaked ahead of late-2021 launch
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Tata Xpres-T EV launched in India at Rs 9.75 lakh
- Jeep Meridian 7-seater SUV spied testing in India ahead of early-2022 launch