Volkswagen shows E-Bugster concept at 2012 North American International Auto Show
Volkswagen displayed a two-seater Beetle concept named as E-Bugster at the2012 North American International Auto Show. VW also displayed the new Jetta Hybrid.
The name for the E-Bugster literally means an electric Bug (Bug is the traditional nickname that the Americans use for the Beetle). The E-Bugster gets flared fenders, 20-inch wheels, lots of chrome and a uniquely shaped daytime running LED lamps. The interiors get an energy consumption display in place of the tachometer. Also part of the standard fare is a display showing intensity of battery regeneration, driving range indicator and battery charge state. The E-Bugster has an 115.58PS electric motor which generates 269.8NM of torque. The claimed driving range with the Li-ion battery is 160km. VW says that this electric drive unit labelled as "Blue-e-motion," will eventually make its way into future products from VW stables.
Meanwhile, the Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid gets a 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine mated to an electric motor and a 7-speed dual clutch transmission. VW claims that the new Jetta Hybrid will do 0-100kmph in less than 9 seconds and at the same time average 19.13km on a combined figure. In pure electric mode, it will achieve a claimed top speed of 70kmph.
Starts Rs 14.78 Lakhs
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range