Volkswagen release details of the 2013 Beetle TDI
Volkswagen has revealed details about their new Beetle TDI, ahead of its official unveiling at the 2012 Chicago Auto Show on February 8-9. The Beetle will sport the same 2.0-litre TDI engine which is under the hoods of both the Passat and the Jetta. This 2.0-litre diesel motor will produce 141PS of power and 320Nm of torque. Customers get to choose between a dual-clutch and a 6-speed manual transmission.
Feature-wise and visually, the Beetle TDI will be identical to its petrol counterparts and VW claims that it will deliver an overall fuel efficiency of 14.45kmpl. The Beetle gets a diesel variant after a hiatus of six years and we expect it to go on sale in the US by mid-2012.
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Government confident of local manufacturing of lithium-ion EV batteries by 2022
- 2021 Triumph Trident 660 first ride review
- Scrappage Policy - A crucial joint representation made to the government to save vehicles older than 30 years