Volkswagen recalls over 7.6 lakh cars worldwide for updating the braking system
Volkswagen AG is recalling over 7.6 lakh cars worldwide for the braking system updation. Brands under its umbrella which are affected include Skoda and Audi. The details aren't clear yet as to which models are affected. VW says that if the driver were to over steer, understeer or slam the brakes hard, the pads will not function as expected, leading to loss of control. OVERDRIVE has got a confirmation that none of the Volkswagen cars sold in India have been affected with this recall.
Volkswagen AG is still reeling under the diesel gate scandal. It has so far recalled more than a million diesel cars which were found to have been tampered to give out wrong emission data. In India, as well, many cars were recalled to have their software updated.
Starts Rs 14.78 Lakhs
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions