Volkswagen recalls over 7.6 lakh cars worldwide for updating the braking system
Volkswagen AG is recalling over 7.6 lakh cars worldwide for the braking system updation. Brands under its umbrella which are affected include Skoda and Audi. The details aren't clear yet as to which models are affected. VW says that if the driver were to over steer, understeer or slam the brakes hard, the pads will not function as expected, leading to loss of control. OVERDRIVE has got a confirmation that none of the Volkswagen cars sold in India have been affected with this recall.
Volkswagen AG is still reeling under the diesel gate scandal. It has so far recalled more than a million diesel cars which were found to have been tampered to give out wrong emission data. In India, as well, many cars were recalled to have their software updated.
Starts Rs 14.78 Lakhs
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- Hyundai reveals new i20-based Bayon crossover SUV
- Honda Transalp could be a mid-sized Honda Africa Twin
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG A 35 4Matic sedan road test review - compact, fun and accessible AMG!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know