Volkswagen Polo GT, Vento and Jetta recalled in India
Volkswagen India has issued a notification stating that it is recalling an unspecified number of cars from the Polo GT, Vento and Jetta model lines. This affects cars manufactured between April 1, 2015 and March 31, 2017.
The company said this was being done to make necessary updates to the Polo GT 1.5 diesel and Vento 1.5 diesel manual. The Jetta 14 TSI petrol is being recalled to replace the O-rings in carbon canister in conformation of ARAI regulations. A carbon canister is used to absorb fuel vapour to prevent pollution.The affected Jetta cars are from 2016.
Customers can check if their cars are affected by checking the listing of the affected cars' VIN on the company's website. This can also be done via VW's customer care helpline.
Owners of the affected cars will have to visit Volkswagen service centres to get their cars checked. The company says the checks will be done cost free and will take around half an hour.
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.78 Lakhs
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each
- NewsNew Hyundai entry-level SUV named Bayon
- NewsMahindra Thar scores four stars in Global NCAP crash tests
- News2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift unveiled internationally