Volkswagen Polo and Vento Turbo editions launched, prices start from Rs 6.99 lakh
Volkswagen India has made its 1.0-litre turbo-petrol-powered Volkswagen Polo hatchback and Vento sedan more accessible with the launch of the Polo and Vento Turbo editions. Based on the mid-spec Comfortline variants, the Polo Turbo edition is priced at Rs 6.99 lakh while the Vento Turbo edition costs Rs 8.69 lakh.
The Comfortline was so far available only with the 1.0-litre MPI naturally aspirated motor with 75PS and 95 Nm. The 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbo petrol is a significant advancement over this, making 110PS and 175 Nm and pairing with a six-speed manual in the Turbo editions.
Along with the more powerful engine, the Turbo edition Polo and Vento get cosmetic upgrades like a gloss black spoiler and outer mirrors, Turbo fender badging and honeycomb-patterned black/red seat covers. These versions also come equipped with automatic climate control. Other noteworthy features on the Comfortline variant of the Polo and Vento are 15-inch alloy wheels, remote central locking, speed-sensing door locks and power-adjustable outer mirrors. Safety features include dual airbags, ABS and front and rear fog lamps.
The Turbo editions of the Polo and Vento can be booked online through the Volkswagen India website or at any dealership. The Turbo editions can be had with all colour options available with the Polo and Vento.
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Government confident of local manufacturing of lithium-ion EV batteries by 2022
- 2021 Triumph Trident 660 first ride review
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home