Volkswagen Polo and Vento TSI Edition launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.89 lakh
Volkswagen India has launched a new top-spec, BSVI compliant variant for the Volkswagen Polo hatchback and Volkswagen Vento sedan. These versions are called the TSI Edition, and are based on the Highline trim. Prices start at Rs 7.89 lakh for the Polo and go up to Rs 10.99 lakh for the Vento.
As the name suggests, these cars come fitted with the VW Group's new 1.0-litre. 3-cylinder TSI petrol-engine that makes 110PS and 175 Nm. This replaces the earlier BSIV 1.2-litre 4-cylinder unit. ARAI certified fuel efficiency figures are 18.24kmpl for the Polo and 17.69kmpl for the Vento. This engine is currently available with a 6-speed manual, a 6-speed torque-convertor will be added to the line-up later.
The Polo and Vento TSI Editions also come with some cosmetic upgrades. There is a black honeycomb grille and updated bumpers, as seen with the recent facelift that these cars received. Also new are the blacked-out elements like the roof, wing mirrors and suppliers. Finally, there are unique graphics along the side and TSI Edition branding.
Bookings for the Vento TSI Edition and Polo TSI Edition have begun online with offers available to buyers. Deliveries will begin once the lockdown restrictions, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, have been lifted.
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- ReviewHonda H'ness CB350 vs Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 & Benelli Imperiale 400
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021