Volkswagen Polo, Ameo and Vento Cup edition launched in India - prices start at Rs 6.19 lakh
Volkswagen India has introduced its three existing cars - the Polo, Ameo and the Vento in the cup edition. The cup edition is a cosmetic change while the cars mechanically stay the same. The changes include leatherette seat covers and 'Cup edition' badge all around with graphics on the door.
Volkswagen is also offering a standard vehicle warranty of four years or 1,00,000km along with free roadside assistance (RSA). Also, the company is offering three free services if done in one year at every 15,000km. Two airbags and ABS is a standard offering with all the three cars.
The prices for the Volkswagen Polo, Ameo and the Vento Cup edition are as mentioned below:
The Cup edition cars are available in petrol variants only and miss out on a diesel option. The Polo and the Ameo get the 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine while the Vento gets the 1.6-litre four-cylinder petrol engine. The power output for the formerly mentioned cars is 76PS and 95Nm while the Vento Cup edition puts out 105PS and 153Nm. No automatic transmission is on offer with any of the cars.
Speaking on the introduction of this special CUP edition, Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars said, "In India, cricket is not merely a sport, but a religion. It is the equivalent of Soccer in Germany. World over, for Volkswagen, sport has played an integral part of our business. It not only brings in unity across the country but also displays passion, inspiration and excitement.
Keeping this spirit in mind, we have launched the special Cup edition that showcases true sportsman spirit through its performance, power and precision across our product portfolio. We aim to reinstate the cheer and fun-to-drive experience among our customers this sports season."
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.96 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year