Volkswagen India doubles their sales numbers for the first half of 2022
For the first half of 2022, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India has released its sales numbers. In H1 2022, Volkswagen India sold 21,588 vehicles.
Last month, the Volkswagen Virtus was introduced at Rs. 11.22 lakh. The mid-size sedan has already started its deliveries with over 2,500 units having already been distributed nationwide. There are four trim levels for the Virtus: Comfortline, Highline, Topline and GT Plus.
The Volkswagen Taigun has also largely contributed to this massive surge in sales numbers. The Taigun SUV starts at Rs 11.39 lakh onwards and is available in 2 different petrol powertrains.
Speaking about the results, Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "Our newest entrants, the bold and dynamic Taigun and the striking and exhilarating new Virtus have received a phenomenal response from customers since their introduction. The love and growing demand has resulted in us doubling our sales in H1 2022 as compared to H1 2021. Amidst the industry challenges that are impacting the supply chain, we are witnessing a high demand for our youngest and freshest product portfolio in the Indian market. This overwhelming response coupled with our 360-degree efforts will make 2022 a highly successful year for Volkswagen in India."
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 11.22 Lakhs
- Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.45 lakh
- Tata Tiago EV launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.49 lakh
- Facelifted Tata Harrier spotted testing, expected to debut in early 2023
- Are Hybrids the Answer? And Should The Path To Electric Mobility Be Via Strong Hybrids?
- Mahindra XUV400 Vs Mahindra XUV300: What's different?