Volkswagen India appoints Thierry Lespiaucq as its new MD
Following Arvind Saxena's defection to rival General Motors, Volkswagen India has appointed Thierry Lespiaucq as its new managing director. Lespiaucq's appointment comes into effect from May 1, 2014. Mahesh Kodumudi who is the president and managing director of Volkswagen India will now be the group chief representative.
Lespiaucq who is currently the group director of Volkswagen Mexico has a total experience of 35 years in the automotive industry. He joined VW in 2004 and prior to that was the CEO of Renault-Nissan Suisse and also Toyota France. He has also worked with General Motors for 14 years.
Volkswagen recently launched the Jetta facelift in India and also showcased the Taigun crossover concept at the Auto Expo 2014. This year, the company will be launching the Polo facelift with new engines.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh