Volkswagen cans Taigun compact SUV project
Volkswagen unveiled the Taigun compact SUV concept at the 2012 Sao Paulo Motor Show. A production version based on the concept was soon expected. Volkswagen India too showcased the concept at the 2014 Auto Expo that was seen as a potential rival for the Renault Duster and the Ford EcoSport back then. However, Volkswagen has now decided to not go ahead with the project anymore.
As reported by German publication Focus, "The car, as we have shown so far, was too short," said a spokesman in Wolfsburg. The Volkswagen Taigun concept was based on the Up! platform and measured 3.86m in length and 1.43m in width. The model showcased had a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that made 110PS / 175Nm.
Volkswagen, instead, is working on a new compact SUV based on the Polo. The new model will be previewed at the Geneva Motor Show 2016. The design language of the upcoming SUV might be similar to the T-Roc concept, as reported by us earlier.
Starts Rs 10.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.49 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh