Volkswagen Ameo compact sedan to be unveiled on February 2, 2016
It's official. The upcoming compact sedan from Volkswagen will be called the Ameo. As we told you last month, the Ameo is not a chopped up version of the Vento, but a sedan based on the Polo instead. What that ideally means is that the Ameo will get the smaller rear doors from the hatchback and the face is expected to be similar to the Polo too, but we expect to see LED daytime running lights that are expected to make their way onto the 2016 Vento. The rear windshield will rake sharper than the Vento.
The Volkswagen will rival other compact sedans like the Maruti, the Honda, the Ford Aspire, the Tata and the Hyundai. Though late to the party, the promises to be a more premium offering.
The car is based on the PQ25 platform that underpins the Polo and the Vento. Under the hood, we expect the same engine options as the Polo - a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. Expect a similar tune as the hatchback too.
The Ameo will be unveiled on February 2, 2016 on the eve of the 2016 Auto Expo. It will rival other compact sedans like the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, the Honda Amaze, the Ford Figo Aspire, the Tata Zest and the Hyundai Xcent. Though late to the party, the Ameo promises to be a more premium offering.
Starts Rs 5.96 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.1 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- NewsOver 50,000 bookings for the Kia Sonet, diesel models account for 40 per cent
- NewsNissan Magnite revealed: Everything we know so far
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite global unveil, exterior styling, interiors, features, engines, variants, details
- FeaturesDefinitive luxury
- NewsAll-electric GMC Hummer unveiled, with 1,000PS and 560+km driving range