Volkswagen Ameo compact sedan to be unveiled on February 2, 2016
It's official. The upcoming compact sedan from Volkswagen will be called the Ameo. As we told you last month, the Ameo is not a chopped up version of the Vento, but a sedan based on the Polo instead. What that ideally means is that the Ameo will get the smaller rear doors from the hatchback and the face is expected to be similar to the Polo too, but we expect to see LED daytime running lights that are expected to make their way onto the 2016 Vento. The rear windshield will rake sharper than the Vento.
The Volkswagen will rival other compact sedans like the Maruti, the Honda, the Ford Aspire, the Tata Zest and the Hyundai. Though late to the party, the promises to be a more premium offering.
The car is based on the PQ25 platform that underpins the Polo and the Vento. Under the hood, we expect the same engine options as the Polo - a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. Expect a similar tune as the hatchback too.
The Ameo will be unveiled on February 2, 2016 on the eve of the 2016 Auto Expo. It will rival other compact sedans like the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, the Honda Amaze, the Ford Figo Aspire, the Tata Zest and the Hyundai Xcent. Though late to the party, the Ameo promises to be a more premium offering.
Starts Rs 5.96 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones