Vinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
Ashok Leyland has announced that it has accepted the resignation of Vinod Dasari as its MD and CEO. The resignation will be effective March 31, 2019. Dasari had been working the company for 14 years, beginning as chief operating officer before taking up his current post. Dasari has stated that he would like to pursue his personal interests and continue his learning journey. In the interim, chairman Dheeraj Hinduja will step in as executive chairman woth immediate effect until a new MD and CEO is nominated.
Vinod K Dasari
Speaking about his resignation, Dasari said, "Fourteen years in this great Company, has been an incredible experience. There were many challenges along the way, but the continuous support of the Board and a committed team has helped the company achieve many laurels and set industry benchmarks".
Hinduja stated on behalf of the Ashok Leyland Board: "I would like to place on record the contribution of Mr Dasari in making Ashok Leyland a formidable force in the industry. He along with his leadership team steered the company to ensure significant all round performance. We wish Mr Dasari the very best in his future endeavors".
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant
- Mahindra XUV700 variants revealed ahead of launch
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions